Skip to content

Our Navy Magazine

June 22, 2011

First published in 1897, Our Navy Magazine covered the on-goings of the U.S. Navy.  Every issue carried intel on Naval pay, benefits, uniforms, rankings as well as casualties (typically only during war-time).  On top of being a good piece of information for all the Navy men, the magazine came equipped with some damn good covers.

10 Comments leave one →
  1. Anonymous permalink
    June 24, 2011 20:41

Hi Jamie — I just stumbled on your website looking for mid to late 1940s Our Navy editions. My husband’s late mom was featured as a baby on one of them and we are trying to track it down for his granddad (who is 99 and was serving in the Navy then). Could you pls share where you found these? Specifically, there is a cover of a little girl, around age two or three (his mom) wearing boxing gloves (his granddad’s) that are nearly as big as she is. Our best guess is that it would have been in ’45 or ’46.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
    Sue

2. June 25, 2011 21:59

Brilliant. Choice font.

3. June 25, 2011 22:01

Brilliant. Choice fonts.

4. Piero permalink
    March 30, 2012 06:16

Hi, I’m looking for the issue of Our Navy 1942 02 01. Particulary I’ looking for the article related to Walt Disney. I’m Italian and I live in Milan.
    Can you help me please ?
    Thanks

Piero

5. June 15, 2012 20:13

I have inherited a alarge group of Our Navy bound issues from the Marine HQ research library. They date from 1924-1963. Almost all are in pristine condition am trying to refer them to anyone interested

6. March 8, 2014 09:56

Where can I get a poster of REALM OF THE ARCTIC CIRCLE and other Naval crossings?
    I crossed the Arctic circle in 1970 and would like to replace the card and mountable poster.
    Thanks
    Mike S.

7. sandy ward permalink
    June 29, 2014 14:40

Hi, I’d also like to replace an Imperium Neptuni Regis poster and seal to commemorate when my aunt crossed the equator on the U.S.S. Repose AH-16 in 1967 if it is possible? i have the poster but it wasn’t framed properly and is a little worse for wear and is missing teh seal. any advice welcome. Thank you!

8. Anonymous permalink
    December 2, 2014 10:40

Judith Parker, I’ll happily deliver those magazines to the Naval Historical Center, Washington Navy Yard, Washington, DC. You may contact me at tonypalm@postmilitaryemployment.com for details.

Thanks ~

9. Anonymous permalink
    April 3, 2016 16:33

Hi everyone , I am looking for Our Navy Magazine June 1950 my Dad is on the cover . If you know where I can locate one my e-mail is brayeanna@yahoo.com

Trackbacks