Skip to content

Walk-Over

August 8, 2010

Last week’s compass show offered some new footwear, and one company in particular caught my eye.  Walk-Over shoes packed a heavy punch, and had an impressive line-up.  Originally hailing from Connecticut, Walk-Over is not new to the shoe game by any means.  After a brief hiatus, they’re back in production in the USA, where they’ve held residence since the 19th century.  Known for making some of the best bucks around, their reputation is upheld with the latest offerings.

I was at first drawn to the Walk-Over stall by my recent crush on dark bucks for the fall, but quickly found that not only are these shoes well made and manufactured state-side, they have a story and history.  I’d say nine times out of ten, if something has a good story, history, and aren’t made like shit, I’m an easy sell.  Walk-Over is no exception to this rule.  Look for these guys in some of the larger department stores as well as online.

About these ads
9 Comments leave one →
  1. the passenger permalink
    August 10, 2010 10:48

Is that gray on the far right of the third picture? If so, I’m going to be very excited to see them in person. Been looking for a decent pair of gray bucks for some time. It seems like such an obvious colorway for a buck, but there don’t seem to be any around at the moment.

2. August 10, 2010 11:30

Yes, it is indeed gray. The same gray as the saddle, and with the right sole, I agree, it’s an obvious choice.

Thanks for checking out The Standard Edition.

3. August 10, 2010 13:02

Know anything about price points?

4. August 10, 2010 13:31

Mid to low 2′s

5. Christopher Tawney permalink
    August 10, 2010 13:37

I think they probably fellvictim to their high quality standards; I still have a pair of their bucks I bought from the (now sadly, but, I hope, temporarily defunct) J Simons shop in Russell Street, Covent Garden in 1983. Admittedly I tend to wear them only in high summer, which in England lasts two and a half minutes, but they are still going strong. Maybe now I will be able to have them resoled….

6. August 31, 2010 09:44

I own several pairs of Walk-Overs I bought in the mid-80s. They are among the best shoes I have ever owned. I have a pair of benchmade cap-toes that are easily 20 years old and still wear them almost weekly to work. The started a camel color and now are a rich, deep burnt tan, the caps and heals have blackened over time as well which makes them among my favorites. Glad to see their return!

7. Ali Burke permalink
    February 16, 2011 13:10

How and where can I get my hands on these???

8. Sportes permalink
    May 26, 2011 17:55

Hi,
    Where can I get the two tones models in Paris France ?!

Trackbacks